Veterinary Career Opportunities
Are you looking for a career working at an animal hospital in Miami? At Doral Centre Animal Hospital we are often hiring for various positions within our practice. If you are interested in working with our veterinary team, please submit your resume to Scorrea.firstname.lastname@example.org today!
We also have excellent facilities and veterinarians for externships! See below!
LOOKING FOR AN EXTERNSHIP? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
VETERINARY EXTERNSHIP IN DORAL
Doral Centre Animal Hospital (DCAH) accepts students enrolled in their senior years of veterinary school for rotations of two to four weeks in length to fulfill externship requirements. Our objective is to educate veterinary student externs while maintaining exceptional, compassionate patient care, as well as excellent communication and service to our clients and referring veterinarians. Our senior clinician is designated as a mentor to the students. However, students are expected to be involved in cases with all clinicians from our hospital. This is a 40-hours-per-week commitment. Externs must be eligible to work in the United States. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and positions are available throughout the year.
Participants in the externship program experience a typical caseload of a small animal emergency practice. Our hospital focuses on general wellness and emergency critical care on small animals. Emergency overnight shifts are optional and can be accommodated upon request. Under the supervision of our senior clinician, you will gather patient histories, perform complete physical exams, develop diagnostic and therapeutic plans, scrub in to surgery, assist in the medical management of medical cases, provide wellness care, develop client communication skills, and polish your clinical and technical skills.
Our Facility Includes:
- EvetPractice Paperless System
- Smartflow ICU sheets
- Complete In-House Laboratory
- Including: Sedivue, Blood Gas, Coagulation Testing, Blood Typing, CBC/Chemistry and Electrolyte, SDMA, Fructosamine, Phenobarbital Levels, T4 Levels, etc.
- Digital Radiology
- Central Pharmacy
- Laser therapy
- Cancer Vaccine
- Orthopedic Services
- Dental X-rays
We do not provide professional liability (malpractice) insurance, health insurance or worker’s compensation for externs. If an extern’s university mandates that insurance coverage be obtained, it is the responsibility of the extern to arrange such coverage. We are happy to provide a letter confirming your acceptance if this is required.
DCAH offers a stipend externship.
We are not able to provide or assist in arrangement of housing accommodations for visiting students. Many externs stay with relatives or acquaintances in the Miami/Broward area. Other options include: the Aloft Hotel (786-272-7200), area hostels, or www.airbnb.com.
Please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com if you have questions that are not addressed online. Our program coordinator will reply to emails within 1-2 weeks.
How to Apply:
- Email your name, veterinary university, email contact, year of expected graduation, and the year of study at the time of intended externship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please specify a date when you would like to start; you must give us 2-4 weeks. We accommodate one student at a time to provide the optimum experience.
- Provide alternative dates and any questions you may have. That way if the dates you requested are taken, we can accommodate to other available dates.
- Our externship coordinate will contact you via email within 2 weeks of receipt of your application.
Not Enough Time for an Externship
If you are not able to complete an externship but are interested in visiting Doral Centre Animal Hospital for a day (or even a few hours), please email email@example.com. Please provide your name, email contact information, and let us know when you will be in the area and like to visit. We will be happy to accommodate a visit.